Below is a list of links that every pregnant woman should be familiar with. Please give them a good read and give your support to the organisations listed. The health care professionals listed below are listed only after personal experience and recommendation.
The organisations listed below are always in need of helpers, supporters and donations. Please show them your support if you are able!
- Home Midwifery Association of Queensland (this website contains a list of registered midwives and information for support groups in Brisbane and the Gold Coast) - www.homebirth.org.au
- Birthtalk.org is a healing from birth support, education and awareness group. - www.birthtalk.org
- Maternity Coalition is a healing from birth support, education and awareness group. – www.maternitycoalition.org.au
Health Care Providers and Professionals
The following is a list of health care providers and professionals specialising in birth, maternity, postnatal care and infants.
- HOMEOPATHY – Dr Shenaz Morkas (Carindale) specialises in women’s health and paediatric conditions. Her knowledge of traditional and modern medicine combine to give well balanced advice and treatment. – http://www.brisbanehomeopathy.net.au/
- ACUPUNCTURE – Anne Swann (Cleveland) – http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/therapist/anneswann/21434
- ACUPUNCTURE – April Wood (Yeronga) – http://aprilhealing.com.au/index.php
- PSYCHOLOGY & BIRTH TRAUMA - Vivian Jarrett (Mt Gravatt) is a psychologist who specialises in PTSD resulting from birth trauma. She can change the way you feel about your birth experience. www.visionpsychology.com.au
These links provide interesting reading for all pregnant women planning their ideal birth experience.
- Bellybelly.com.au is great reading and has a bunch of articles – it’s worth perusing their whole website! www.bellybelly.com.au
- The Assessment of Progress
- About Vaginal Exams
- Being Seduced to Induce – Risks of Induction & What Obs Don’t Want You To Know
- Why Homebirth? (isn’t that just for crazy people?)
- Co-Sleeping is Healthiest for Babies”
- The Best Parts of Breastfeeding – Very Funny!
- The Problem With Birth
- How to Cope with a Difficult Birth Experience